> Tres Chere: Heads Are Gonna Roll

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Heads Are Gonna Roll

This weekend while working on posts for the blog I couldn't help but think am I in over my head? I said to myself, "Don't be a knuckle head silly, everything is just fine". I just need to get my head out of the clouds.

I came up with a "How To" post on using a doll head in an empty picture frame. Such a great idea! The doll head cost 50 cents and the picture frame was only $1.00. Perfect! I will give everyone a heads up to let them know how easy and inexpensive this project is.





I simply cut a slit in each side of the bust added some Gorilla Glue and positioned it into the frame. Easy and super chic!

As I was putting the doll head project together, I realized that I have a sick fixation for heads and busts! I was completely level headed while I looked around my house and counted all of the heads. Then I felt lightheaded...holy crap they are everywhere! I even have two of the same heads! I am head over heels for "Heads". OMG..this is embarrassing! I wanted to bury my head in the sand.

After gaining my composure and with my head held high I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures. Once I was done, I had to get my head together and figure out how to display them on the blog. So I headed over to Picnik and created a collage. Perfect!

Yep folks...there's that many of them.


Who is this #2? Who cares, it's a head.

These crack me up....they are just so random.
Amazing! I have a matching Beethoven bust on top of a Beethoven book. Ha Ha!
Even my poor dog Roxie is a victim. Head shots of the dog in our hallway.
This was her begging for food the other night...of course...just got her head.

Why do I have four Buddha heads? LOL

A Spartan Head? Really?

Wonder why I bought this book? Hmmm

So I saved the best for last. This one is in my garage. What was I thinking?


Yep, I am definitely sick in the head. LOL


Linking To...
Very Merry Vintage Style Blog Button    Todays Creative Blog
Photobucket  Beyond The Picket Fence    Tickled Pink at 504 Main  
Share this post!

18 comments:

Kristal said...

Looks like you have been playing head games in your house...LOL!!! (Okay, it was the only thing I could think of!).

This is such a simply yet funky idea. I was even thinking that it would be cool if you could print out nametags and attach to the frame for a party.

Love all your 'head shots'. Especially love the Spartan! Where in the world did you find that one???

XoXo,
Kristal

Cassie Bustamante said...

ha ha! your titles always crack me up! i now hear the cast of glee singing "off off off with your head... d-dance dance dance til you're dead!"

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Thanks for making me giggle this morning! Cute post and Roxie is adorable. Thanks for sharing at the Open House party this week.
xo,
Sherry

goddessof4 said...

That is so funny !!! I have a million of collections going on in my house, I collect Buddhas ,and if I love something I have to find more of it!!!!!!

Diann said...

What a fun post! Your heads are s clever! And I really love your dog pictures! they turned out great. Thank you for joining Thrifty Things Friday. Have a wonderful day!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

No, No, No, No, No. Totally keep that last one. You just need to add the leg lamp from A Christmas Story. That would be EPIC!!!

Jessica said...

I love this! Haha I like busts a lot too but my sick obsession is with hands. Like the ones that hold rings and jewelry. I would have a whole collection on top of my dresser if it didn't come across as creepy.

very merry vintage style said...

The last one is scary! Thanks for adding this post to my Share the Love Wednesday link party!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Very heady stuff you write about.
I am afraid to look around and identify all of my "collections."

That last bust will be perfect for the Gypsy Dreams party coming up Sept 10!

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOL! Glad I HEADED over here to check you out! I have the same exact doll head and frame you feature here (weird, right!?!?!) SO I may just have to try your lil crafty idea!

Pamma said...

I understand....I love busts, also. There is just something so engaging about them!
~Pam

Holly Lefevre said...

Oh my - the heads - I do love them...I know where togo if I ever need one!

Your doll head/frame creation is tres chic!

Beth@Wiccan Make Some Too said...

Love this post. Such an awesome idea with the doll head. I would name her Marie Antoinette! I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! Linky is still up & running. http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/08/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-82011.html

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

That is funny that you collected heads like that. I like most of your collection. I especially like the one that looks like a Greek Bust with her shoulders next to books.

Gloria Haynes said...

What a cute idea with frame and doll head! Love all your other heads too. Can't help but giggle just a little as I write this! LOL Have a great day. Stopping by from the link up!

glosews

Bunny Jean said...

Funny how sometimes we don't realize that we even have a "collection" of something...

Thanks for joining the Bunny Hop party this week.

xoxo Bunny Jean

Good Time Charlie said...

I am cracking up over here!!! Love the last one, what were you thinking!! The Doll head in the frame is perfect, I am going to steal that idea for my daughter's room.

To the Toy Box and Beyond said...

that last head is really scary looking

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...