> Tres Chere: HELLO Sunshine!

Monday, September 12, 2011

HELLO Sunshine!

The last two weeks it has rained here everyday. I feel so blah when it rains all the time. Luckily, this past weekend was absolutely beautiful! The humidity was gone and the breeze was warm but crisp. I was inspired by the sunshine so I repainted a huge sun mirror that was in the dining room and hung it over the daybed outside. Don't worry it is plastic so if it starts raining again it will be just fine.


I have been working on my dining room and brought in a couple of new pieces. While assessing the space my ADD (Attention Decorating Disorder) definitely kicked in. The mirror is one of my favorite pieces but I am tired of the gold. I needed a change and some more sunshine in my life.


 I found this beautiful color called Sun Yellow by Krylon. Perfect! It was exactly what I was looking for.
 

I spray painted the mirror with two coats. I didn't want the mirror a solid yellow so I let hints of the original gold to shine through. By not adding the third coat it makes it appear like it was meant to be this color.

I love how it adds some Sunshine to our outdoor space. Even when it is overcast, it still looks bright and sunny. 

For the fabric, I used a bright and colorful piece of Vintage fabric that was handmade in Finland. It was paired with a black and white patterned fabric which adds an interesting contrast to the bright colors.
I love the bright colors and the clash of pattern on the fabrics. It makes me smile when I see this.

If I ever get sick of the bright yellow..no worries it can be repainted. Don't be scared of color. Take a chance. It's just paint, right? :-)
Until next time.....


Linking To....










HOG

Home Stories A to Z
Coastal Charm
Craft O Maniac
Polish The Stars
Sumos Sweet Stuff
Making The World Cuter
Primitive and Proper
Today's Creative Blog
DIY By Design
Savy Southern Style
Sew Much Ado
Creations by Kara
Crayon Freckles
The Kurtz Corner
733 Blog
No Minimalist Here
Beyond the Picket Fence
Momnivores Dilemma
Yesterday on Tuesday
Saved By Love Creations
House of the Hepworths
Saved By Suzy

DIY By Design
Savy Southern Style
Primitive and Proper
Creations By Kara
The Kurtz Corner
Crayon Freckles
733 Blog
No Minimalist Here
Beyond the Picket Fence
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Saved by Love Creations
Momnivores Dilemma
Yesterday on Tuesday
House of the Hepworths
Saved By Suzy
At the Picket Fence
French Country Cottage
The Thrifty Grove
Common Ground
Shabby Nest
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Design Dazzle
Miss Mustard Seed
Remodelaholic
Naptime Crafters
Redoux
Addicted 2 Decorating
Funky Junk Interiors
Share this post!

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a happy color. The yellow totally changes the look of that mirror, it's beautiful!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

This is an awesome outdoor space! Love the new color of your mirror :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

SOOO fun in the yellow! Love!

Tina´s PicStory said...

Not only white - also so much beautiful yellow :)

Sarah said...

Wow! I love love love your day bed! This is so beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I LURVE this!

Andie Jaye said...

I LOVE IT!!! that's what that mirror was born to look like!!! i'd hang it in my house!! if you want, i'd love it if you linked up to my party. http://crayonfreckles.blogspot.com/2011/09/tip-toe-thru-tuesday.html

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, that yellow on it is just fab! Such a great statement!!

Nicky said...

OMG... I love this... you're right it does look like it was meant to be a sunny yellow. That whole space is awesome.

btw... I did a bench in that same black and white fabric:
http://mommagetsreal-nicky.blogspot.com/2011/03/goldies-final-chapter.html

Jen said...

That mirror is gorgeous!!! Yellow was the perfect color for it.

Kimberly said...

Ahh! You guys are just too cute, I love all the colors you use!! Love the mirror!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I actually said, "Oh!" when I saw your mirror in its new color. Nicely done you clever woman. LOVE it with your floral pillow and black and white print.

DearHelenHartman said...

It IS like sunshine in a spray can. Love the color and the whole outdoorsy look... so much better than actually going outside where it's hot or cold or wet or buggy!

Marie said...

Don't you love what a little spray paint can do! So fun and bright! So glad you linked up with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Bailey K. | Travel Heals said...

this is so great! i love how bright and cheerful it looks!

i would love for you to come link up this or any other amazing project at my creativity party going on right now!

letbirdzfly.blogspot.com

thanks so much for sharing!

Ellen said...

Its always sunny at your place. All those rainy days we had it sure is nice to see the sun. I be it evens shows a glow at night.
Hugs,
Ellen

Pamma said...

Woo hoo! Gorgeous...you all make me feel anything is possible.
~Pam
pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

Gabby said...

Sooooooo pretty! And I love that space. That mirror with that perfect yellow color is just what it needed. Awesome job!

Gabby
The Late, Young Family

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I love your outside space and the mirror and day bed are both wonderful. Thanks for joining the Open House party this week.
xo,
Sherry

Tara said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for linking it to Trendy Treehouse! I love everything you post!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

I love this project. You have been crowned a La-Dee-Da Diva!!!
Come grab a button!
http://ladeedacreations.com/2011/09/2551/

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

There are no words for how much I LOVE this entire outdoor space. Everything about it is perfect!!! Love the Finnish fabric. I have a stash of vintage fabric from Holland that is very similar.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOVE it! It looks FAB!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Bam. That's all I have to say about that fabulous mirror. You gals have officially knocked my socks off with your outdoor space, it's fantastic! Always glad to find some new creative bloggers! (c:

Kahli said...

I love it! Great job. Definitely the right amount of sunshine that we all need

The Loops said...

I love the color. I wish I was brave enough for it. I'm a new follower I hope you'll stop by!

http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Celina said...

That is awesome, I love yellow. Great redo.

urbanmingo said...

Such a nice cheerful color! Great job!

Tips from the Heart said...

What a beautiful cheery way to change a mirror! Just stopping by from the Addicted to Decorating link party.
-Robyn from http://www.tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

WhyCuzICan said...

What a sunny color! Just the POP of color you needed :D

Visiting from Funky Junk Interiors Linky Party,
~Suzanne in NW Illinois

Debra@CommonGround said...

What a wonderful space! The patterns and the sunburst mirror look great there. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

Marigene said...

What a fun piece...I ♥ it!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I love the mix of pattern and color! I would enjoy a magazine and a glass of wine!

Tiffany {Living Savvy}

Unknown said...

Love that yellow! Definitely updates the mirror. What a happy little nook... that vintage fabric is charming, too.

Erika said...

I wish we could get some of your rain. It has been horrible here in Texas.

But your outdoor area would brighten up any space! Love it.

I hope you are able to stop by and share your post at It’s a Wrap Link Party at Artful Rising

Erika

Jennifer said...

Beautiful outdoor space!! Yay for paint!!

Andie Jaye said...

just wanted to let you know that i'm featuring this at my tip-toe thru tuesday party tomorrow! stop on by and grab a featured button! and thanks for linking up!

Diann said...

What a beautiful outdoor space! The burst of yllw is fantastic! I bought this same color last summer when I was in serious need of bright pops of color around our patio so, I know the color is wonderful! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun week!

Anonymous said...

What a great mirror to have during winter to avoid the blues...I love it and you've inspired me to paint one of my hanging mirrors YELLOW! Thanks...

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

Love the patterns and colors in the space! Very vibrant and fun.

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Love it!! What a great makeover!!
Thank you for linking up to {nifty thrifty sunday} last week!
You will be featured at tomorrow's party! ;)
xoxo,
Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things}

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

Almost forgot to tell you that I featured you on my blog last week!

http://www.imbusyprocrastinating.com/2011/09/get-me-motivated-monday_26.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...