> Tres Chere: "Shut your Cornhole" for less than $20.00

Monday, July 25, 2011

"Shut your Cornhole" for less than $20.00

Our follow up to our "Cover you Cornhole" post. In case you missed it, check it out HERE

For the 2nd Cornhole platform we went for a Vintage look.


This space was created for less than $20.00.  


We went to the Thrift Store and repurposed items we had at the house.


This was our starting point after the two legs were added.

We found some scrap wood and attached it to the side of the platform. This will be our frame for the sheers.

A wrought iron border from our garden was used which fit perfectly for the back of the bench. All we had to do was attach the borders and spray paint them white.

The sheers were draped over the frame and tied back with ribbon.

We found a couple of cushions at the Thrift Store along with some Vintage fabric. The fabric was draped over the cushions. We decided not to sew them over the cushions so we can easily change out the fabric.

We also added "Test Tube" vases and tied them to the wood frame.


We had the perfect location to setup our bench. Under the trees within the lush ferns and overgrown grass. The space makes it feel like this has been here forever. 



I love my neighbors red shed in the background.
It looks like a barn and it makes it feel like I am out in the country. :-)

It's easy to create a space for very little money. Look around your house to see what can be pulled in. Don't be afraid to use items that would otherwise be used indoors. Take a risk and add in something unexpected.


Now it is time for us to relax. 
A tall glass of freshly squeezed lemonade is calling our name. :-)

Our follow up to our "Cover you Cornhole" post. In case you missed it, check it out HERE

Share this post!

20 comments:

abeachcottage said...

That looks lovely and for only $20! Thanks for linking to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So gorgeous! You, my friend, have a real knack for putting together some wonderful combos. Beautiful styling!

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

I love this one too. It's so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea!! I love the whole space- just beautiful!

I would love to share this idea with my readers with a link back to you if that would be ok

bee blessed
mary

am your newest follower

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

This looks so cool. I just love a mirror hung outside It's so . . . unexpected. Thanks for teaching me what a cornhole is!

Warmly, Michelle

Kathy said...

That's very creative! Looks like a lovely place to relax and to enjoy the garden!It's marvelous,
Kathy

Sherry said...

This is a lovely space and looks like a
peaceful space in the country to relax and sip a glass of lemonade. Maybe do a little pianting or stitching or reading.

Tammy @ Type A said...

love the title, and space looks amazing! lol thanks for partying with me!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful space you have created!

LV said...

How talented and creative you are. You did a super job on this,

Curtains in My Tree said...

I like it also. I like seeing your green grass. Ours is brown from all the heat

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Love this idea! I'd like to feature it next week on Thrifty Thursday! :)

gena said...

That looks beautiful - very romantic ! I would never have thought to hand a mirror outside - I'm going to have to try it and I know just the place !

I'm having a STINKY Give Away on Lavender Hill... I'd love it if you'd pop over !

gena

Tanya Anurag said...

This is yet another superb set up and with less than $20 spent, it looks all the more beautiful to me.

Thanks for linking. The party for this week - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner - is on. Hope to see you there with latest posts.
http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

I LOVE it!! So beautiful! And vintagy!

Alison Agnew said...

just a note to let you know that i'm featuring your corn hole project on fridays unfolded this week!

alison

Lindsay said...

Aw, this looks so relaxing! I would love to sit outside in that beautiful area!

Thanks for sharing at Show & Share! Hope to see you again soon!

I also have a giveaway going on now, if you'd like to check it out!

http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/uprinting-giveaway.html

Holly Lefevre said...

This is just gorgeous! Breath taking and I want to make one too!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

What a pretty place to enjoy the afternoon. I can't believe you whipped it all together for 20 dollars!

Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest - truly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...