> Tres Chere: Don't Be A Bully! I only have $20.00!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Don't Be A Bully! I only have $20.00!


 $20.00 dollars and one black desk was all we had.

How far would we go to save a couple of bucks and furniture from the landfill?

Are you ready?

You sure you want to look?


Yep, this was the chair before. We know totally gross!

We completely stripped the chair, cleaned it and started from scratch.
We repurposed stuffing from extra bed pillows we had and found the Navy Blue fabric from the Thrift Store.

It is 100% Scratchy Polyester. Yep, just like Grandma wears!
No wonder it was only $1.00.

We cut fabric scraps to make a British Flag and used a picture we found on the Internet for the bulldog outline.


Debbie found the most amazing artwork. She has such a good eye! We have no idea who this number two person is but for only $7.00...SOLD. The Paris artwork was from a 25 cent album and we reused an existing frame. The bridge picture was $2.00 and the desk accessories combined were $8.00.
We had a whopping $1.75 left. So we used it very wisely and bought an old shop light from the Thrift Store and clamped it on to an existing camera tripod to make a lamp.


We love the industrial look it adds to the room.
We had no money left. But we still needed something to the right of the desk. Then we had a light bulb moment. Ah Ha! A month ago we found an old ladder at the curb.

PERFECT!

Some accessories found around the house and Ta Da!



~Cheerio~

                              
Share this post!

14 comments:

Tammy @ Type A said...

the chair is very cool, love the way you set up the entire area!

abeachcottage said...

Great transformation! Well done. Thanks for sharing at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

the cape on the corner said...

i love this whole space. that chair before...yikes. thank goodness you saw past it-you're a better person than i, lol.

Anonymous said...

big round of applause! I'm impressed that you tackled that chair. it was totally gross but now totally fabulous :) Great eye for the appointments and VERY impressive combination of a tripod and clamp light fixture. I might have to borrow that idea ~ I do have an extra tripod, I think. All around, this transformation is over the top spectacular! Visiting from primp :) Diane

Pamma said...

Wow, you all rock! Fabulous!
~Pam
pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

Tanya Anurag said...

As a child, I read the stories were an ugly frog would turn into a prince and I actually see it today!! WHAT A TRANSFORMATION!! Hats off for pulling it off so well. The ladder looks just perfect in that corner. Awesome setup!!

Saw your link on 'Homemaker on a Dime'. I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see ya at the party :)

http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

Joselyn @ The DIY Spot said...

Nice chair and lamp idea. I love your thriftiness and your style abilities. Did you use buttons or those back-in-the-day twist coil pins used to hold loose slipcovers in place? Love your cornhole posts. Giving me ideas for my patio makeover. How about stopping by for a visit? Following you.

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

Very creative ideas! I love how it all turned out-it looks great!!!

Jessica said...

You ladies have me amazed. Everything yall have done is so COOL. I love the ladder and the little busts. Happily following :)

Tammy @ Type A said...

I featured your chair! http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/08/highlights-from-party-28.html

Kristal said...

Oh, you gals ROCK!! Love-love-love this idea!! My husband and I share an office space. You had me turning around, looking at his dingy old office chair ~ LOL!!

XoXo,
Kristal

Unknown said...

So great! Love the chair!

kristiB said...

Really Love your blog, so funny!!! It's what caught my eye and had to see your pretty work. I am a follower now for sure :)

Unknown said...

Stinking stinking cute. EVERYTHING. love it. jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...